Eye Candy Blog Pages:

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

pre- post-op

Good morning. I made it through surgery fine yesterday. Thanks to Dr. McLeod and his team!

It was much more painful during surgery than I anticipated, so I've not exactly been chipper. Dr. McLeod explained that some of the zonules that hold the lens in place were missing and/or damaged in my eye from my accident, which made the surgery uncomfortable as fluid kept moving around, which normally doesn't happen. Dr. McLeod mentioned a couple of times that he hopes this surgery will improve my vision & stop my headaches, however he wasn't convinced that it will.

Bradd and Heather were wonderful for picking me up from the hospital yesterday & depositing me safely home. Thanks again guys! And Happy Birthday Bradd! I've been resting / sleeping / recuperating ever since, with little energy to spare. The pain isn't searing, just dull and consistent. They taped my left eye shut, so it is uncomfortable to use my good eye as the taped one moves in conjunction. Needless to say, I'm not doing much!

Nina is taking me shortly back to UCSF where Dr. McLeod will examine my eye with the new lens to see what my outcome is. My post-op appointment is at 8:30am.

I'll write an update later today after finding out what's going on.

Thanks again for your well-wishes!

Onward & upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules: Constructive criticism is okay, however if you're rude, you will be deleted. Please DO NOT put your URL in the comment text and please use your PERSONAL name or initials as opposed to a business name, to not be mistaken for spam. Enjoy and thanks for adding your thoughts!