Eye Candy Blog Pages:

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

good thing I didn't throw out those eye drops...

Fortunately I have complete faith in my surgeon, Stephen D. McLeod, MD, & his team of doctors at UCSF, which is a great relief!

My eye is considerably inflamed internally, which explains the pain, swelling, and weird (diminished) tunnel vision. The weeping is less, however it's still going on some. It's a bizarre sensation to feel fluid coming out of your eyeball. So because of the inflamation, I'm back on eye drops (have been off them for the past week); a steroid drop 4x/day & a glaucoma drop 1x/day. My pressure was good (16), and the suture is still fine. Apparently Dr. McLeod placed the suture in such a way that it is supposed to reform the shape of my cornea. It's interesting how little I know about my own eye.

After my appointment my friend, Bradd Haley and I grabbed fresh bagels & coffee and went to the Palace of the Legion of Honor for a little scenic picnic. It was an incredibly gorgeous fall day in the City, and it was fun to see him, too.

So I'm going back next Wednesday to monitor the inflamation and my pressure again. Once the inflamation goes down (and assuming the pressure remains good), I'll be very curious to see what my final vision is.

In the mean time, no complaints about the pain. I know I'm in good hands with Dr. McLeod, and any pain I have is worth the final product -- a working 'bionic' eye! ;-)

Onward & upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules: Constructive criticism is okay, however if you're rude, you will be deleted. Please DO NOT put your URL in the comment text and please use your PERSONAL name or initials as opposed to a business name, to not be mistaken for spam. Enjoy and thanks for adding your thoughts!