"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." ~Herm Albright
I couldn't agree more! So, this year I'm not doing any specific New Year's Resolutions -- I'm doing life changes instead. I'm busy focusing on getting my life back-on-track after receiving my new $20K bionic eye, so everything I'm doing has a positive bent to it.
Have you set any specific resolutions for yourself? What do they include?
As many of your know, I've been struggling since my eye surgery in September. And now that I'm getting back on my feet, I'm determined to heal & come out of this better than before. Which, for me includes:
- Daily meditation & positive affirmations (and remembering to JUST BREATHE)
- Exercising regularly (thank god I can do this again! Let me know if you're up for a hike...)
- Eating very healthy, including vitamin & mineral supplements & fish oil for eye health
- Taking medications (I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem last year -- boo!)
- Avoiding alcohol (a depressant -- boo!)
- Maintaining solid friendships, and making new acquaintances & friends (:-0)
- Getting out of my comfort zone daily (you can find me working from various coffee shops each afternoon during the work week)
- Learning new things (business plans, angel investors, merchandising, distribution, sales & marketing, patents, design patents, trademarks, wordmarks, website design)
- Discovering new music (don't forget to send me what music you're into these days!)
- Enjoying being able to see again, despite daily headaches (yeah, vicodin!)
- Reveling in anything beautiful that takes my breath away...
- And getting a life! ;-)
performed by Bill Withers
Onward & upward!